Transfer Foils 12" x 200' roll
This document lays out the steps and setting used for garment printing using the foil transfer technique. These settings are only suggestions. There are many different foils on the market, different plastisols and many different final applications. Consider purchasing our transfer foils to better replicate our results. ALWAYS PRETEST BEFORE ANY APPLICATION!
- Screen Mesh: 60 to 110 Monofilament
- Heat Transfer Press Specifications: 350°F, 50-60 lbs. pressure, 10-20 seconds
- Ink: A fast fusing plastisol with lower re-melt properties is desired. (107 Flash Base performs wonderfully.)
- Print the desired image on the garment and run it through your conveyor dryer in the normal manner.
- Put the garment on the heat transfer press, image facing up.
- Cover the image with conventional heat transfer paper and lower the press for a few seconds. This will create a smooth surface for the foil to adhere to.
- Position a piece of foil (shiny side up) large enough to cover the image.
- Put a piece of transfer paper on top of the foil. Lower the transfer press head according to the specifications above and release.
- Let the transfer cool completely before peeling!
- Peel slowly and evenly.
- You can re-press the image without the transfer paper if a matte finish is desired.
*Note: The transfer will last longer if it is laundered inside out and hand washed. Dry at low temperatures. Do not dry clean.